Sunday 10 November 2013

Wontons...and the time I got a dumpling craving in the middle of the night.





I'm back!! A thousand apologies dear readers it's been a very deadline heavy period of time. 
That's not to say I haven't been cooking. Oho... QUITE the opposite. It's just that I haven't had time to post about what I've been making. 
Like these wee little dumplings I made a few hours ago for dinner. I dunno... Can we call them wontons? How do you define a wonton? 
...
GOOGLE TIME



Huh... So I guess we can call them wontons. :)

Anyways, these were my second attempt at making these, the first time looking like these:


I'm loving making wontons. They cook in a snap fill you up really nicely. The only thing is that it takes a lot to make them. I need to take a 30 minute bus ride to be able to find wrappers, and so when I suddenly get dumpling cravings in the middle of the evening (which happens very often) I opt to make the skins from scratch as well. 

There will be a recipe! But right now my eyes are closing... So there will be more to share when the sun comes up. :)

Sweet dreams guys! <3

EDIT: Recipe for my wonton wrappers can be found in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment